How it Works
- Powerful, very short, rapid and moving laser pulses produce micro-plasma bursts, shockwaves and thermal pressure resulting in sublimation and ejection of the target material.
- A focused laser beam precisely vaporizes the target coating or contaminant.
- Process optimization of the laser beam produces maximum reaction with the target material for speed while, at the same time, does so safely and without harm to the base material.
- Metal surfaces are well-suited for many laser cleaning applications. Optimized beam settings will not metallurgically change or damage the laser treated surface. Only the coating, residue or oxide targeted for removal is affected as the laser beam is precisely adjusted not to react with the underlying metal surface.
- Laser beam power density is accurately and easily adjusted to achieve cleaning results impossible with all other options.
- Fast set-up
- Easy to operate
- No clean-up
- Leaves no residue
- Highly reliable
- Easy to automate
- Low operating costs
- Virtually maintenance-free
- No consumable media – no abrasives, chemicals, solvents
- Green process – no pollution
- Laser beam settings are precisely adjustable to optimize process speed & gentleness